The Federal government plans amendments to the Data Protection Act.
The tabled “Draft of a law to adapt the Data Protection Act to Ordinance (EU) 2016/679 and for implementation of Directive (EU) 2016/680” (18/11325) will appear on the Bundestag agenda on Thursday, 9 March, 2017, after 17:15. The proposal – also an application by the faction on the left titled “Strengthening the data protection rights of citizens” – will be forwarded to the responsible committee on Internal Affairs after a 45-minute debate, for further consultation.
The debate will be transmitted live in Parliament television, on the Internet at http://www.bundestag.de/ and on mobile devices.
The current schedule for further action on the DSAnpUG-EU [Data Protection Amendment and Implementation Act EU] is as follows:
- 12 May 2017 (Bundesrat plenum: 2nd session)
- 27 April 2017 (2nd and 3rd reading Bundestag, i.e. enactment)
- 26 April 2017 (Concluding processing in the responsible Internal Affairs committee)
- 10 March 2017 (Bundesrat plenum 1st session)
- 9 March 2017 (Bundestag: 09.03.2017: 1st reading)